Menu of the Week

December 17, 2009

Healing in Brazil

I am in the mountains in Brasilia at the moment seeing a healer called "John of God".  People from all over the world come to see him.  He has healed terminally ill patients, people that cannot walk to emotional problems.  He says that he has 6 spirits that are doctors that work through him and that he is literally a body for them to work through.  I was told by a friend that I should come and visit him as I would find it really interesting, and as I was already coming to Brazil I thought why not...  I really haven't done any research on him as I wanted to just come and experience what ever it was that was suppose to come to me.

The night before I was to stand before the him "The Entity" I had dinner with a lady who had stage 3 cancer a year ago and was cured by him... she lives here and volunteers at the "casa" now.  She told me that I had to have 3 things to ask for on the day,  I really had no idea what to ask for... so I thought about it over night and came up with 2 things to do with letting go of the past and living in the present and that I was healthy.

At 7.30am the next morning I arrived at the "casa" dressed all in white.  We all sat in this room listening to a few people talk... it is all in Portuguese so I had know idea what they were saying.  I started getting really nervous as was thinking that maybe the reason that I had come here was that I had something wrong with my health that I knew nothing about, and I would have to have a 'physic surgery'... anyway I sat in this room and waited for my turn to get in line.  We stood in a single file and slowly arrived into this other room where there must have been 50 people meditating.  This was the "current" room where they say that most of the healing happens as the "entities" heal you while meditating.  I arrived in-front of John of God and my heart was racing.... I had the interpreter with me and he handed him my questions... it is true what they say, he is literally a body, looking in his eyes was not like looking at someone, you could honestly see that it wasn't him looking at you and diagnosing you it was a greater spirit looking through him.  He then said to me "current"  which met that I had to go and sit with the others and meditate until the end of the session.  At that moment I felt a lot of relief that there wasn't anything wrong with me that I needed herbs or surgery....

The morning session then ended and we broke for lunch - but first we were told to drink a cup of blessed water as we left the room and then go for holy soup, we were told that it was very holy as had been blessed and we were to have a tiny bit of it even if we were not hungry.

I then came back to the "current" room for the afternoon session.  This is when the healing happens so if you are told to have surgery this is when you have it while everyone else is in the same room meditating.  I sat in meditation for 2 hours which is the longest I have ever sat for - I started getting very fidgety after about 1 hour...

When I receive or give a healing I see visions behind my third eye, and they are random images but mean something to either myself or the person I am giving the treatment to but it never happens during meditation...  I started seeing visions of Christ on the cross - now you need to know that I am not religious in any way so actually being here is quite a challenge in that sense, and the visions came about 4 or 5 times.  Also could feel tingling on the back of my head.  It really was an amazing experience.

Everyone then told me to go back the next day and stand in-front of him again or go straight to Current.  I thought a lot last night that I felt that I really don't belong here... not because that I am any different than anyone but because the people here are so ill and really are here for a lot of healing.  They are so full of hope which is beautiful to see but really made me realise that I am healthy and a happy person and am doing what I love doing and have so much that I want to do and achieve and and it is all possible for me  and that it is important to really LIVE and stop worrying about the minor things in life.

The last few days I have been feeling a bit over weight like everyone does sometimes... so I thought to myself that that thought or feeling doesn't mean anything and it is my choice how I process it in my mind so this morning I went for a half an hour run through the mountains which was absolutely stunning then came back to my room and did some sun salutation and breathing exercise and felt great!

How you start your day really has a huge effect on the rest of your day, so if you are feeling over weight, tired, low or unhappy  stand in front of the mirror and what ever negative emotion you are feeling say to yourself out loud the opposite.  "I am happy today and feel and look great" your subconscious will pick up on this positive mantra and then your body will react to these words and create the positive emotion in  your body.... Try it!

This trip has been a huge and wonderful eye opener to me and I feel blessed to be able to come on this adventure and to have had such a great realisation...

love and light x